Thursday, August 9, 2012

SR 2012 - Day 4 - Austria to Italy

I would say that this was probably the best day of this year's roadtrip. We rode through the best mountain passes, and all of it in one single day. We enjoyed the Grossglockner's Hockalpenstrasse in Austria, Passo Gardena, Passo Sella in Italy... These are probably the nicest places I have visited (mainly those two in Italy). I don't like too long entries, so just enjoy the pictures:

Because we got to the Grossglockner quite early, I "caught" there one of
Land Rover's prototypes with masking. I've actually seen quite lot of prototypes
on this road (for three times I was there). It is one of the best places for  brake tests.
You can actually smell them when these cars pass next to you.
My father enjoying his cigaret on our way down from Grossglockner's Hochalpenstrasse
Passo Gardena
That's us at Passo Sella (thanks unknown Italian GS rider for the photo)
And the best view on the mountains - from the hotel room with can of beer